Let’s get this straight: I’m NOT an English person. In high school, here was my priority list for classes: math, science, history/social sciences, everything else, and then English. My brain doesn’t think about sentence structures or parts of speech, it thinks about Algebra and Psychology, sports, and FOOD. I can communicate effectively with others (although I will talk about someone who cannot in my next post). Therefore, I have never been excited to write a blog. I have several friends who write regularly on blogs, and I enjoy reading their musings on life.

This past fall I took part in a program called OLD (Outdoor Leadership & Discipleship) School through the parent organization SWO (Snowbird Wilderness Outfitters) in Andrews, NC. The program was a BLAST. I was able to try many outdoor disciplines and I learned a lot about myself throughout my three months there. God communicated to me that I need to work on specific areas of my life. One specific area is exhortation. Far too often, I am focused solely on myself and what I can get out of a conversation. I need to be more supportive of my friends, coworkers, and family. In addition, I need to go out of my way to encourage others. It is definitely a work in progress! This encouragement extends beyond intrapersonal relationships. I want it to extend to this blog – my desire for this blog is to be an area of encouragement for those of you who read it. I’m hoping that you will get something out of my posts. Because honestly, I’m not doing this for personal measure.

As listed above, the postings will cover areas of my life that I’m currently thinking about; areas in which I want to share my insights. Sometimes it may be a funny posting about sports or food (I really love food. I have a whole Yahoo email devoted to coupons). Most of the time, the topic will be about Christian living: books that I’m reading, Scripture passages that strike me as inspirational, or quotations from leading authors and speakers. I will throw in some popular culture here and there and who knows – maybe I will add pictures or pizzazz so it doesn’t look like a 5 paragraph essay.

Please comment on anything that you find confusing or have questions about. A man must be able to accept criticism (and this is another area of my life that God has been hammering at). If the writing is terrible, let me know! If you think of a cogent example or news article related to the topic, let me know! If you know how to cook really well, let me know! Because I’m very interested in learning how to become a good cook. Back from that tangent (a good MATH word, by the way), I look forward to hearing from all 3 of you who read this!

God Bless,

Jeremy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bazinga!

Hellgate 2017 Race Report

Days of Future Past – An Allegory for the Christian Faith?